Base Association / Bluetooth Issues
If a terminal is having Bluetooth or Range issues, it could be down to a number of things, location, power or a fault between the handset and base. To try and resolve any range issues, please follow the below:
- To turn the handset off hold down the Yellow Key (clear) and the dot key and it will switch off. Unplug the power cable to the base.
- Check the location for environmental factors that could affect the terminals Bluetooth link, such as Wi-Fi routers, mirrors, metal surfaces or other electrical equipment. If any are located nearby see if the terminal base could be relocated to a different area to test.
- Leave for 30 seconds and then reconnect the power cable and place the handset on the base and it should switch back on.
- When the handset is placed on the base and goes back to the idle screen, check that there is a plug symbol on screen next to the battery. If the plug symbol is present, this confirms the base is receiving power.
- The terminal, dependant on type will show either Bluetooth with a number underneath it (Image to the left) or a Blue B with the number above it (Image to the Right)
- If not, please make sure the power cable is connected and the base is receiving power, a plug symbol will appear on the screen. If this is not showing, please contact the helpdesk.
- If all the cables have been checked and are connected correctly please retry the transaction/process again, if this fails to connect please contact the helpdesk.