Payment data and public opinion reveals secret to seasonal sales success
Online seasonal shopping is set to surge yet again despite half of consumers mistrusting discounts. Black Friday particularly stands out with 2017 seeing consumers spending a huge 515% more than an average Friday, but when do customers claim to spend the most online and how are they searching for these deals? Take a look at our infographic for some stats and advice on preparing for the seasonal sales.
The time to act is now, so here’s our 7 simple steps to eCommerce growth in 2018:
1. Consider offering exclusive items rather than short-lived discounts.
2. Inform your payments provider of your sales promotion period so you can handle demand.
3. Offer local payment methods for key international markets.
4. Step up capacity to handle returns and refunds before Christmas.
5. Ensure your fraud rules are tuned to allow conversion.
6. Bolster your customer service availability and delivery processes to reduce chargebacks.
7. Offer local language support and payment pages for international shoppers.
Preparing for Christmas this summer:
How much do you really know about how customers behave at the busiest online sales period of the year?
Where do customers prefer to shop, and why? Are the discounts genuine? How do consumers prefer to pay for their goods? And how can smaller merchants compete with the larger players? We’ve put together an eBook for you with all the answers to these questions and more to help you plan now for retail success this Christmas.
You'll shortly receive an e-mail where you can download your copy of the e-Book! Enjoy!